- This event has passed.
The Inductive Bible Study Method Course
March 5 @ 5:00 PM – 6:00 PM CST
The Inductive Bible Study Method is a method of Bible study that assembles, arranges, and unifies sound theological principles of Bible interpretation to create a simple step-by-step system to studying the Bible effectively.
IBSM-103 is our third FREE annual 8-week course organized by Deshen School of the Spirit, designed to introduce any believer to the Inductive Bible Study Method.
Every Saturday at 5 pm Central Time. Begins Sat. February 26.
Exclusively online through Zoom. Attend from anywhere.
FREE. There will be no requests for financial support or donations.
Every believer. Assumes no prior knowledge.
What is the Problem IBSM-103 Seeks to Solve?
Though believers know that studying the Bible is essential, many do not feel they can interpret the meaning of Bible passages with any degree of confidence.
How do they fix this?
- They rely exclusively on others who have been trained to tell them what the Bible says.
However, although God ordains ministers and uses them to teach the scriptures to His people, He has also commanded every believer to study the Book. Furthermore, God’s purpose for His Church these days will require every believer to study what the Bible teaches.
IBSM-103 furnishes the essential skills for every believer to interpret Bible passages using sound theological methods.
IBSM-103 is a beginner-level course that will run for eight weeks, every Saturday at 5 pm Central Time. It assumes no prior theological training, which is the case for most believers. However, it will also benefit those in ministry or refresh the memories of those with previous exposure to hermeneutics.
A rough outline of the Course work:
- Introduction to Bible Study
- How hermeneutical principles combine with exegetical methods to create a holistic approach to personal Bible study
- The five steps of the Inductive Bible Study method:
We would use a hands-on approach tailored to ensure every student practices the basic principles and can apply them as we progress.
- Every lesson is typically followed by Q&A to ensure questions are addressed live.
- There will be assignments for every student to practice the principles discussed during the lessons.